Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes & Apples
Written by Eli Ben-yehudaOn April 21, 2019
Remember the commercials that used to say, “Pork-The Other White Meat”? Nowadays no matter where you travel you can find pork plenty. Pulled pork barbecue sandwiches with coleslaw and sweet tea. Or just a big old plate of slow cooked pork ribs.
Well, this weeks DASH diet recipe is for an amazing “Pork Roast”. Sauteed with apples and sweet potatoes or (sweet tatters) this recipe is sure to be one big hit with the family. Usually, there is no excess fat to trim, should you find some please trim back.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. In a medium bowl, combine apple cider, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, smoked paprika, ginger, and black pepper; set aside.
3. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven or large ovenproof sauté pan with a lid. Once the oil begins to smoke, reduce heat to medium and gently place the pork tenderloins in a pan. Cook, turning until all sides are well browned, about 8 to 12 minutes. Remove pan from the heat
4. Place the sweet potatoes around the pork and pour apple cider mixture over the pork tenderloin. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 145 – 150°.
5. Turn sweet potatoes and place the apple quarters around the pork. Bake, uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until tenderloin registers 170°. Remove pork, apples, and sweet potatoes from roasting pan. Let the pork stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
6. As pork rests, reduce cider mixture to about a ¼ cup. Slice roasted pork into ½ thick medallions, serve with the sweet potatoes and apples and pour cider reduction over everything on the plate.
Click Here For More DASH Diet recipes
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.