Roasted Portobello Sandwiches
Written by Eli Ben-yehudaOn August 12, 2018
So this is week 2 of the DASH diet challenge. Keeping foods fun, interesting, and tasty can be a challenge. But how are my results doing? Well, that would be a loss of 2 pounds this past week. A total of almost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. So here is another DASH Diet recipe for you to enjoy.
Portobello mushrooms are the Black Angus Beef of the mushroom world. This is one mushroom the stands alone when it comes to superior taste. I enjoy grilling mine with shallots and red pepper, for one amazing sandwich. At only 290 calories per serving this is one meal that is big on taste and small on calories. Enjoy this with a chopped green salad for a heart-healthy meal.
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Coat the mushrooms with cooking spray. Mix the vinaigrette ingredients and paint the mushrooms on both sides. Marinate for 15 minutes.
3) Coat the marinated mushrooms and the onion slices with cooking spray. Roast them in the oven until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Coat the bread with the cooking spray and toast in a toaster oven.
4) Place a slice of cheese on four of the pieces of toast. Top with a mushroom, slices of onion, red pepper, tomato, and a basil leaf.
5) Mix balsamic mayonnaise ingredients together until completed blended. Spread a thin layer on each burger. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss gently to mix.
6) Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill. Serve.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.