Low Fat Heart Healthy Red Potato Salad
Written by Eli Ben-yehudaOn March 30, 2019
So I have a confession to make. I absolutely love potato salad. That and really good chocolate marble cheese cake. Potato salad is so diverse. There is New York potato salad, and there is southern potato salad. There is German potato salad, Waldorf, lobster and shrimp potato salad. With over 50 types of potato salad to choose from, the choice can be difficult.
- 5 lb red potatoes, washed
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 1/2 TBSP dill seed
- 1 TBSP celery seed
- Ground black pepper & salt to taste
1. Bring whole potatoes to a boil, sprinkle in a TBSP salt, and cook for 20 minutes. Stick a sharp knife in the largest one to test for doneness. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. While potatoes are boiling mix the fat-free Greek yogurt, low-fat mayo, garlic, dill seed, celery seed, ground black pepper and salt into a medium mixing bowl and whisk til blended well.
3. Cut the potatoes into large cubes (about 1 inch), and place in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over them and toss in the chopped green onion. Gently fold dressing and green onions into potatoes. Decorate with a pinch of green onions on top.
4. VARIATION: This recipe is excellent with crumbled bacon–the full recipe will need one pound of cooked, drained and chopped bacon. Any left over potato salad also makes a wonderful potato soup–just add evaporated milk and simmer until hot–sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.