Lemon-Herb Grilled Fish
Written by bisan darawshehOn April 14, 2019
There is nothing like the taste of fish when is cooked over a bed of hot coals and smoke. Although the recipe calls for striped bass or bluefish, my personal favorites for the grill are red snapper or grouper. Roast a few whole onions and ears of corn on the side for an out of this world meal.
You can also serve this with a nice glass of white wine to compliment the meal.
- 2 small bluefish or striped bass (each 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds, cleaned weight)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced into 8 slices
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- Remoulade (recipe, below)
Mix 1/2 cup light mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, dash hot-pepper sauce. Makes about 1/2 cup.
1. Prepare the outdoor grill with medium-low to medium coals, or heat a gas grill to medium-low to medium (to broil, see Note below).
2. Rinse fish; pat dry. Cut 3 slashes on each side. Season with salt, pepper.
3. Stuff 3 lemon slices in cavity of each fish. Add thyme and 2 cloves garlic to each cavity.
4. Grill fish 6 inches from heat, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until just beginning to char. Flip over carefully. Cover each eye with one of the remaining lemon slices. Grill 12 to 15 minutes more, until flesh is white throughout.
5. Transfer fish to a platter. For each, pry up top fillet in one piece, flipping over, skin side down. Beginning at the tail, carefully pull up the end of the spine of fish, and lift up, removing the whole backbone. Remove any small bones from fish. Serve with Remoulade. Makes 4 servings.
Click Here For More DASH Diet Recipes
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.