Grilled Salmon in Grape Leaves & Tomato-Raisin Relish
Written by Eli Ben-yehudaOn May 21, 2017
Cooking with grape leaves has a unique flavor all to its own. In general I stuff mine with rice and vegetable. So to my surprise here is a delightful recipe wrapping salmon, a great heart healthy fish, in grape leaves. Enjoy this meal tonight with family and friends.
Grilling the Salmon
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 large grape leaves (packed in brine) drained, rinsed, and patted dry with paper towels
- olive oil
- Sprinkle salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper; set aside
- Snip off any protruding stems from grape leaves. Place 2 or 3 overlapping grape leaves on work surface. Place one salmon fillet, skin-side down, in center of leaves. Fold grape leaves up and over salmon, patting down gently to seal as much as possible. Brush leaves with olive oil to help seal edges. Repeat with remaining salmon and grape leaves.
- Grill packets, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. (Grape leaves will be lightly charred.) Serve immediately with Tomato-Raisin Relish.
Preparing the Tomato-Raisin Relish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Soak raisins in 1/2 cup hot water 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion, and saute 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, lemon rind, and lemon juice; cook 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in olives, raisins, and remaining ingredients.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes.
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.