Chicken and White Bean Soup
Written by Eli Ben-yehudaOn October 19, 2018
My grandmother was big on chicken soup especially if I was sick. She insisted that the chicken soup would cure me. She said, “Chicken soup is soup for the soul.” I wonder if she had a hand in writing the books. No probably not.
But chicken soup is definitely soul food. Try this amazing recipe and you to will see how good chicken soup can really be.
- 2 teaspoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 2 leek(s) white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh chopped
- 28 ounce(s) broth, chicken, less sodium or 2 14-ounce cans
- 2 cup(s) water
- 15 ounce(s) beans, cannellini rinsed
- 2 pounds chicken, precooked rotisserie, no skin skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
3. Add beans and chicken and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.