Caramelized Apple German Pancakes
Written by Eli Ben-yehudaOn December 5, 2018
We are often told breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In fact, an old adage states the “We should eat breakfast the king/queen, lunch like a prince/princess and dinner like a pauper.” As the day descends into the night our food should become less. But the typical western breakfast is not very healthy. A lot of meat, potatoes, and eggs. Try this heart healthy alternative to start your day off right.
- 1 c thin apple slices peeled
- 1/4 c granulated sugar divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5 large eggs
1. Heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a small bowl, toss apple slices, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice together; set aside.
3. Cut the butter into four pieces, and place them in a deep cast iron skillet. I use this 10-inch cast iron skillet or an 8×8-inch baking dish.
4. Put the skillet or baking dish in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the butter has melted.
5. Take the pan out of the oven; sprinkle brown sugar over the melted butter.
6. Add apple slice mixture evenly over brown sugar.
7. Put the pan back in the oven while you make the remaining batter.
8. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt.
9. Whisk in milk, and continue whisking until no flour lumps remain.
10. Add eggs, one at a time, and whisk until incorporated.
11. Stir in the vanilla extract.
12. Take the pan out of the oven, and pour the batter over the apples.
13. Bake for 18-25 minutes, or until the center is set and sides are lightly browned.
14. The pancake with start to deflate once it is removed from the oven. Serve warm.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipes
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.