Beef French Dip With Au Jus
Written by Eli Ben-yehudaOn July 9, 2017
Today’s recipe comes from the American Beef Council. This recipe is sure to lasso the taste buds of every member of your family. Au jus is a French term that, although it sounds fancy on a menu, refers to nothing more than meat served in its natural juices. The word jus, pronounced zhoo, refers to the thickened juices from a roast or other meat. Enjoy with a fresh green salad on the side. Try avoiding the fries.
- 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds beef Brisket
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 to 10 French rolls, split, toasted
- Cut Brisket into 3 to 4 pieces. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef brisket in stockpot; brown pieces evenly. Remove brisket from stockpot; set aside.
- Add onions to stockpot; cook on low heat 18 to 22 minutes until lightly caramelized, stirring occasionally. Add broth, soy sauce, soup mix, and garlic. Return brisket to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Carve brisket against the grain into very thin slices. Divide brisket evenly among rolls. Close sandwiches.
- Serve sandwiches with cooking liquid on the side for dipping.
Click Here For More Heart Healthy Recipe
Written by Eli Ben-Yehuda
With a passion for health advocacy Eli researches and writes many articles concerning improving the lives of people diagnosed with high blood pressure and the complication they experience. He believes educating people is the best way to improve their overall health.
How to Lower Blood Pressure Fast & Naturally.
RESPeRATE is the only non-drug, FDA-Cleared device for lowering blood pressure naturally. It is clinically proven, doctor recommended and has no side effects.
RESPeRATE lowers blood pressure by relaxing constricted blood vessels which cause high blood pressure. RESPeRATE does so by harnessing the therapeutic power of slow-paced breathing with prolonged exhalation in a way that is virtually impossible to achieve on your own. All you have to do is breathe along with RESPeRATE’s guiding tones.
- Clinically proven
- Over 250,000 Customers
- FDA Cleared
- No Side Effects
Get 10 Tips to Lower Blood Pressure.
You will also receive our bi-weekly RESPeRATE Journal.
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.